I don't have a farm, I have a city block. Less than 500 square metres in suburban, coastal Perth, Western Australia - and I share it with 9 beautiful hens.
To say I love my hens falls so far short of the reality. I live my days fascinated by them, delighted in them and utterly besotted with them.
What's missing in my obsession is a place to share my experiences. To talk about their lives, health, care and adventures - and to share my philosophy; that chickens can be kept purely as pets and deserve all of the attention, care, vet visits and heart space that well kept dogs and cats enjoy.
I want to share;
- Hen profiles and life stories - unauthorised biographies of amazing ladies
- My chicken wish list - the 10 hens I want to own before I get too damn old
- Crazy in love - the odd things I've done to make my girls happy
- Hen nursing - from sleepless nights to late night flights
- Food and nutrition - including chocolate cake
- Housing - sweet digs for sweet chicks
- Handling - how to pick up chicks and
- So much, much more!
Pictured: Mya, 2006